Monday, July 2, 2012

Big things a comin'

It's time for my latest sporadic post. I've had a few big projects going over the last few months that have been keeping me busy. I finished up the biggest one this weekend, but more on that in a bit.

 First a couple of announcements. I decided to change the name I work under for my customs to VonKlingele Kustoms. Frankbooth23 was just my screen name I always used so it was the easiest choice. I wanted to create a little more professional feel to what I'm doing and have the name jive with some of the writing I do for other blogs. Part of this is because I want to start taking things a little more seriously when it comes to my customs and I thought this would help put me in the right frame of mind.

The second announcement is that I am going to start actively accepting commissions and I am going to start selling figures and other art work through my blog. I'm still working out the details, but I'll have more info soon. In the mean time if anyone is interested in a figure you can contact me through the blog or my new Facebook page.

On to the real big news. I've just finished up first fully sculpted figure and it's up for grabs in a contest my buddy over at Guts and Grog is putting on. Just click the link over there and check it out. I'll let him give you the details, I'll just discuss the figure.

Dear God No2

It's a character from the movie Dear God No! and if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. It's independent exploitation sleaze at it's finest. The character in question is a stripper in a Nixon mask, she's not a huge part of the movie, but one of my favorite visuals in the whole film.
Dear God No3

As I mentioned this is the first time I have ever sculpted a complete figure and holy shit is it a lot of work. I didn't think I'd have the patience for the methodical process of it, but I ended up really digging it after awhile and I think it's going to become a regular thing, just a little faster in the future hopefully. I think the figure looks great and it was definitely worth all the work.

Dear God No4

There was a big learning curve on this that will make the next one that much better in the end. I'll have a few work in process shots up on Facebook soon. Well that does it for now. More to come soon and make sure you check out the new Facebook page and enter that contest.

Never ignorant of getting goals accomplished.
-VonKlingele

1 comment: